Zirconia crown is a relatively new material that combines the strength of metal with the aesthetics of porcelain crowns.
The ADVANTAGES of zirconia crowns are:
- They provide great aesthetics
- They are solid and long-lasting (less possibility of chipping or breaking).
- The process can be less time-consuming because zirconia can be cut and shaped at the same dental office. There’s no need to send them to a dental lab as we use in-office tools to deliver the crown during the same visit.
- Zirconia Crowns are less likely to wear down due to their strength.
- They are biocompatible and metal-free.
- They are not likely to cause allergic reactions.
Generally speaking, crowns can range in cost from $1400 to $1650 for zirconia crowns and at our office, depending on the condition and treatment needs.